Monday, July 19, 2010

DP, Lisa, Taylor, Anthony[huh], and Gina

Cloudy and Pleasant, Water Temperature 87* and Clear.
Got out early to catch bait and picked the guys up at 5:30 at High Point. With the front moving in this morning I was uncertain how the fish would react but I looked for large schools of Stripers. I saw numerous pods but no huge schools. John called and said he saw about 20 fish on the screen so I move over by him and looked on the big motor but he was seeing the same as we were, 8 0r 10 here and there. He was catching fish so I continued to look. Anthony was starting to get anxious so I set up on a couple pods of fish and the kids got a taste of Striper fishing. We had action for about 20 minutes then started catching Cats so I moved on. We continued to look for schools but where we were looking they never developed well. It was getting cloudier by the minute so we decided to get some baits in the water and we steadily caught fish. We made 3 or 4 moves and around 8:30 we started catching them pretty well. One of the girls told DP that they need to us the bathroom, DP's reply was we are really on the fish now, try to hold it! Well, less than 2 minutes later we were going for the bucket. Everything was going well till DP emptied the bucket, the other kids aboard had not known what had previously happened and as some floaters went by they asked what were those things. I told them they were fish eggs and continued fishing. We worked the general area for about 20 more minutes but did not get a strike. We picked up and made a couple more moves, it started to rain so we called it a day and came in. On the way to the dock DP said "You know once I emptied that bucket we never got another strike!" I think he learned a good lesson today, when a little girl has to go she has to go.
Everyone had a good time, the kids caught a bunch of fish and we kept 12 to take home for a fish fry. Pictured are Taylor in the white shirt, Gina in the pink shirt and Anthony John with the hood on.

No comments: